Geimredh 42 -- Samhain / Calen Gaeaf 2003 -- Vol. 2 No. 1
HAPPY NEW YEAR -- Y.R. 42 BEGINS TODAY
A new year means new beginnings, and we've already made many changes in anticipation of the new year of the reform.
overhauled the website, adding new features such as a
calendar should help you not only to learn this system of dating, but
also keep track of it all.
NEW MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS DURING Y.R. 42
We will begin sending out member's kits beginning in November. The kits will be sent out to all new paid members and will consist of:
card with expiration date (your dues "due" date).
NEW ARCH-DRUID AT THE MOTHER GROVE
Ceridwen Seren-Ddaear was ordained Arch-Druid of the Mother Grove on the Full Moon, 42 Foghamhnar YR 41 (August 11, 2003). Ceridwen is the wife of the former Arch-Druid and OMS founder, Sybok Pendderwydd.
teaches the online Astrology for Pagans class (see http://www.hunters-moon.org
) and makes her living as a
NOVEMBER 8TH -- HARMONIC CONCORDANCE
Thou Are God/dess!
Grove invites and encourages all of you to join us in a
begin the ceremony at the peak time of the Eclipse, which will
to spend at least an hour formally - and possible most of the
Things to visualize and project:
1. Initially, feel the connection with the "web of light" from other spiritual seekers, Druids, pagans, etc. as we pool our energies together to create a vast and powerfully vibrant energy grid for the good of the Earth Mother to use as she sees fit.
our energies meeting and blending into a cool, healing green
project the calmness and groundedness of the green energies to
(Yes, I know this sounds very "idealistic", but isn't magik about visualizing the "best possible outcome" in the midst of chaos and imbalance?)
4. Visualize MithrilStar groves popping up all over the planet, made up of Druids who have gained awareness, empowerment, and a desire to give of themselves to make a better world for all of us - choosing their own causes toward this end - on whatever level they feel their power is the strongest and most inspired.
5. For those who wish to remain solitary in their spiritual workings, you can still meditate and visualize and put energy toward aiding the Earth Mother and all Her creatures - She needs all of us now, offering to Her whatever energy we can give to Her. You can also share energy with other OMS Druids on a psychic level to further our common goals and workings.
6. And those in need of personal healing for themselves and/or loved ones can channel some of this energy for this as well - because the healthier and more balanced we are, the more we will have to give in the long run. A recharged "battery" will do more and last much longer than one that is drained and weak - so by all means, heal thyself! :)
7. And lastly, use this time as a turning point in your lives, planting the seeds for inner transformation that will be mirrored in outer transformation, for "As within, so without". And with the celestial phenomena, "As above, so below". The Earth Mother is going through Her own transformation as well, and as we live in Her aura, we need to be like conductors (like acupuncture needles or standing stones) to collect these energies and channel them into Her so that as She heals, so do we, and so that as we evolve and grow, so does She. This is a truly symbiotic relationship we have with Her, and we need to play our part in that process as unselfishly as She does...
mark your calendars, clear your schedules for an hour, and
WATER SHARING GUIDELINES ADOPTED BY MG
Thou Art God/dess,
As we have
seen recently in this group, there are several differing
Let me begin by saying that our "dis-Order" will always grow and evolve even as each of its members grow and evolve. We are not a stagnant entity, and very little about the Order is "carved in stone." There will always be room for growth and renewal and evolvement.
That said, let's go over some points:
1. If you agree to the three tenets ("Nature is groovy", Nature is groovy", and "Thou Art God/dess"), take the pledge, and pay dues (former members have until next Midsummer to comply to the dues-paying), you are considered an OMS Druid. Period. No degrees just an OMS Druid. THIS IS NOT LIKELY TO EVER CHANGE in other words, this is the only aspect that is carved in stone.
is where we begin to touch on some changes, mostly involving
those OMS Druids who never share water, or who
Members: Those OMS Druids who follow all the requirements (which have
actually been in effect for the past TWO YEARS,
c. "Non-Degreed" Water-sharing Members: Those OMS Druids who share water on any of three different levels within the Order, which are as follows:
OMS Druids who would willingly share water with other
OMS Druids who would also share water with members of a
NEST/FAMILY Level: OMS Druids who would also share water with members of their own polyfidelitous "Nest", as well as with the Clan and Tribe.
(NOTE: Each of these three levels implies a progressively more intimate level of commitment)
These three levels will be added to Lesson 11 in future D101 classes to provide choices for those who are not ready to only operate from the 3rd, or "Nest" level, but who would like to take smaller steps toward intimacy and commitment to others.
Now, a note to those of you who are of the "Olde OMS school": The addition of the progressive levels of water-sharing does not in any way effect or "water down" the higher level of commitment you all go by. As we are not all operating from the same spiritual levels, I feel that these choices will more effectively offer all of us a way to commit to this group and each other from whatever level we are most comfortable.
IOW, it will allow all of us to "walk our talk" and express our own divinity at whatever level we feel ready. It is a way of "honouring" where each of us is coming from, and not imposing unrealistic expectations where they are not appropriate or welcome.
Blessings and full chalices to you all,
Regarding degrees and ordination:
you have received "clergy ordination" from the Universal Life
Although many of you have "technically" fulfilled the basic requirements for each of the first few degrees, these won't be fully complete until you have received and shared the consecrated waters from a 3rd degree Druid.
We are looking into making that as easy as possible. One idea is to open the Chat Room at various times (like Full Moons or around Holidays) and doing an online consecration of the waters and OMS ordinations at that time.
hold your chalice of water near your computer, and we would
waters are consecrated and shared, we would do the online
That seems to be the quickest and easiest way to fulfill the water-sharing requirement for each of the degrees. However, we are open to hearing other ideas about ways to do this... :)
Well, it's official: as of tonight we are now a schism (or satellite) group of the Reform. This decision was not made lightly, but with much deliberation and divination and soul-searching by myself and the MG, taking all recent factors into account. What this means:
1. We have
remodeled the OMS website to reflect our new direction - it
2. We are now an independent entity, yet still consider ourselves a part of the Reform and the American Druid Family - it's like we moved out of the house, but we are still in the neighborhood...
3. We realized that any closer relationship (as we were originally planning) is now a fruitless endeavor, as there are irreconcilable differences between ourselves and the very outspoken schism of the "N"-RDNA...and we are not really sure exactly what the "silent majority" actually feels, so...
the group entity of OMS has done this, this does not mean
of you who choose to leave all this behind are free to leave the RDNAtalk
group and those who wish to remain there may do so - that
6. As we
have been told many times by the Reform, we are perfectly
7. Any questions or comments are certainly welcome... :)
As of today
we have 123 members, of which, 55 are considered "active."
1 member passed to the Summerlands during the season of Geimredh
During YR 41, the Order experienced a net Membership gain of 4
are forming in Central New York state; Talent, Oregon;
session of Druidcraft 101 is well under way,
this time with 77
the first of the "share ware" sessions of D101, where students
The Midsummer session ended in October with 21 surviving. Of those, seven joined the Order and three are still thinking about it.
online Druidcraft 101 class begins March 21st, 2004. To enroll, send
a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or enroll online at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/druidcraft101
For more details,
Druidcraft 202 (A Walk Through the ARDA) has been discontinued due to gross lack of interest. You can still take the course as a self study. The files necessary will be uploaded in a few weeks to the Mithril Star News files section.
Ceridwen currently has two intermediate sessions going, and has just started a new beginning session on November 1st.
you are interested, you
have until the doors close on November 7th to enroll in the latest beginning
are interested in a private consultation about your Astrological
The Mother Grove wishes all of you a most blessed New Year, and a very joyous Yule - and abundant blessings throughout the season!
you never thirst,
NEXT ISSUE WILL BE PUBLISHED ON IMBOLC / OIMELC -- 2 Earrach yr 42
WANT TO JOIN THE ORDER? http://www.mithrilstar.org/join.htm
WANT TO DONATE TO THE ORDER? http://www.mithrilstar.org/donate.htm
Druids Egg -- 1 Geimredh YR 42 -- Vol. 2 No. 1
pictures are believed to be public domain, gathered from around the
internet and/or sent to us by friends. However, if there is an image(s)
that has copyright information associated with it and the copyright
holder wishes for it to be removed, then please email us and we will
remove it. Or, if any of the artwork is yours and you just want us to
give you credit (and the piece can remain on site), please send us your
link/banner and we will be happy to do so.